Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kitschy B-List Horror



The Strangers (2008), written and directed by Bryan Bentino, and starring Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman.  As usual, the classic horror movie is never complete without a hot couple at a secluded summer home.   Terrifying and almost too realistic, The Strangers was a very suspenseful and uber-graphic flick.  I also have to add, without giving anything away (since I hate to write any spoilers), that vintage masks are the creepiest, and vacation homes are always the site of brutal murder (why buy them?).  I guess it must be the irony of being killed while on your vacation, but I have to say, I always think that the characters in this type of film are totally moronic (they always allow themselves to be separated, they never know how to fire a weapon, and they never lock the doors or have charged cell-phones).  I mean, who is that unlucky?  Maybe all of these movies rely on the worst-case-scenario, but it is usually highly amusing for me to watch the main character follow the exact path of least resistance toward their destruction:)  If you are interested in yet another psycho-killer-in-the-woods flick, then please, look no further:)

1 comment:

Miggy said...

See I would not have a good nights sleep for at least 6 months (and up to 4 years) after watching a show like this. Good job for sticking it out. But boy do I miss my little Scott Speedman aka Ben on Felicity.