Sunday, November 2, 2008

Children's Literature= Good Movies



Hey again!  I wanted to add a review of a new release that I watched a couple of days ago.  It has to be said, that these British film adaptations of adolescent literature are really wonderful.  I mean, we have the Harry Potter series, The Golden Compass, The Chronicles of Narnia, A Series of Unfortunate Events, just to name a few.  I think that they actually make kiddos go out and read, which is nice for a change:)  Anywho, this new flick is an adaptation of the wonderful book Ballet Shoes, by Noel Streatfeild.  This book is one in a series, all of which are completely fantastic.  Here is my review:
*Ballet Shoes (2007) had a very limited release in the U.S., and was released on TV in the UK.  It stars Emma Watson, of Harry Potter fame, and has a really lovely story about young girls, ambition, loyalty, family, and taking care of those that you love:)  How dreamy:)  I promise that non-ballet teachers will also love this movie (oh, you didn't know?  Yes, I teach and dance classical ballet:)  I wear pink tutus constantly.).  If you know a little girl, and she wants to see a movie, show her this one:)

No comments: