Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chickie-Flickie!

Here is one for all of you ladies out there... not that my husband didn't enjoy this one, also.  Perhaps for different reasons than me?  Oh, well.  My hubs and I both enjoyed the first and second installment of this series, and I hope that you check it out, but only if in desperate need of an estrogen fix:
*The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II (2008), directed by Sanaa Hamri, and starring Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls), Amber Tamblin, Blake Lively (of Gossip Girl fame:), and America Ferrera (Ugly Betty).  These movies follow the very mushy friendship of four young ladies, and their shared international exploits through one pair of magical jeans.  It is pretty magical that one pair of jeans would fit all four of these very differently-built chicas, but I guess that is their mystical power, and perhaps some kind of metaphor for common feeling and experience?  Who knows.  The girls are all very attractive, and kiss some fellas, and find themselves, and all of that jazz, which is very entertaining to watch:)  We enjoyed them both, and I am sure that if you can look past the teenage shenanigans and dramatic arguments, you will find a very sweet movie about 4 friends, and it doesn't reach the scandalous levels of Sex and the City, so it is good for the young people hanging around:)  Not that I didn't enjoy SATC while still in high school:)  I did.

No comments: